- No backing or support images required to draw the tab bar interface. The bar, tab item selections and arrow indicator are implemented as CALayers.
- Tab bar and tab items support two styles, a standard appearance a la UITabBar or with an arrow indicator a la Tweetie / Twitter).
- UIImage category takes black images masks and renders with gray and blue selection gradients like UITabBar/UITabBarItem
- Uses UIView block animations to respect the hidesBottomBarWhenPushed property on contained UIViewControllers.
- Uses ObjC associatedObject API to associate tab items and the tab controller with contained view controllers.
- More Tab and customizable view controllers.
- Badge count implementation layer.
- Render Text labels for standard tab bar style.
- Shadows on tab items and arrow indicator selection style.
- Xcode 4.0.2 or greater and iOS SDK 4.3.x or greater
May 7, 2011 - Updated for Xcode 4
January 30, 2011 - Public release
License and Copyright
BuildKit is BSD licensed. The full text of the license is located in Documents/License.md