The Official LinuxFest Android App
Get the published version in the Play Store! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appenjoyment.lfnw
- User Features
- In-app new user registration, forgot password
- Replace web-views with in-app content
- Improved directions and venue info -- some basic offline info here, and the ability to open Google Maps to the venue location
- Notes - take notes on the presentation
- In-app presentation description - when you're in the building, you don't always have the best network connection, so loading the web page with the presentation info can be painful. Having a JSON or XML file I can pull down containing the summary would be amazing. I can probably parse it out of the sessions' webpage and cache it, though it would be slower.
- Campus map -- show where the presentation and exhibits are on the campus floor
- Shared comments - live comment on the presentation with other users. An IRC-like system would work, though it would be cool to hook into the comment system on the website too...
- Code features
- Use more material design features (toolbar/etc)
- Use Calendar object rather than deprecated Date
- Use ContentProvider for sessions db
- Use CursorLoader (?) to avoid calling requery() on the sessions list