Weekly marksmanship competition. Hit the bell with a Nerf dart and win money.
Each round starts at 5:00pm on Fridays by the Search Pod on 11.
- Each round begins on Friday at 5:00pm.
- Each shooter pays a $1 entry fee into to the pot to play the round.
- Once everyone has paid,
make playis used to run the round.
- Each shooter gets one shot at the bell.
- All shooters who hit the bell split the pot evenly. If no one hits the bell, the pot rolls over to the next round.
- Anyone in the office at the time of the round can participate.
- All entry fees must be paid prior to the first shot.
- Order of shooting and records are kept via the game script.
- No shooter may claim a gun or dart -- all equipment (including personal equipment) must be available to all shooters.
- The shooter is allowed one dart and one single-shot Nerf gun to strike the bell. The gun need not be used.
- Only one round may be played per week.
Bell Strikage Success Criteria
- The shooter must have both of their feet on the ground and be behind the line where the color of tile changes.
- The dart must strike the bell directly without first contacting anything else.
- The co-Benevolent Dictators for Life are cpollock and dselassi. They must agree to any rule changes.
- All proposed changes must be written up as FSEPs.
Friday Shots Enhancement Proposals (FSEPs)
FSEP 1. (cpollock)
Ideally we would have about one winner per month so there's been discussion of making the shot harder. The most obvious way to shoot from further away. It's probably best to wait and see roughly how many winners per week we get.
FSEP 2. (dselassi) -- ACCEPTED 2014-02-07
Currently the rules stipulate that a single-shot nerf gun must be used. It has been proposed that we allow darts to be thrown. It is unlikely throwing the dart will give the thrower an advantage -- if anything it seems like a disadvantage.
FSEP 3. (cpollock) -- ACCEPTED 2014-02-14
Start the game at 5:00pm
FSEP 4. (dselassi) -- ACCEPTED 2014-02-14
Adds a makefile that will run the game, update scores in the readme, and commit the results for you.
This repo: y/friday_shots
On IRC: #friday-shots
Other friday-shots games:
As of 2014-03-07.
- 1 of 1 (100%) jfennell
- 1 of 1 (100%) michaelm
- 1 of 3 (33%) philz
- 1 of 5 (20%) cpollock
- 0 of 5 (0%) dselassi
- 0 of 5 (0%) tkadich
- 0 of 3 (0%) ahutchin
- 0 of 3 (0%) aschofie
- 0 of 2 (0%) dlants
- 0 of 2 (0%) heath
- 0 of 2 (0%) jtwang
- 0 of 2 (0%) krall
- 0 of 2 (0%) nthompso
- 0 of 2 (0%) striglia
- 0 of 2 (0%) tbrooks
- 0 of 1 (0%) aditya
- 0 of 1 (0%) benjamin
- 0 of 1 (0%) robert_guest
- 0 of 1 (0%) stop
Money by Player
- [$35.00] philz
- [$4.00] michaelm
- [$2.50] jfennell
- [$2.50] cpollock
Players per Game
- Average: 7.33
- Std dev: 2.29
- Minimum: 4
- Maximum: 10
Money in the Pot