What is it?
This the new code-base of the CMS I am using in my website http://davidsonsousa.net
Because I need a pet project to study a couple of things. And do it with my own website seems to be the right choice.
What is this project using?
(or: What I intend to study and practice with this project?)
Running the project
Since this is a .NET Core project you can run in 2 ways:
.NET Core CLI (using PowerShell)
- Run webpack
- Make that sure you are in project folder (CmsEngine\CmsEngine.Ui)
- Run the script
- Run the project
dotnet -d watch run
-dshows the PID for debugging purposes
- Open your favorite browser and load
http://cmsengine.test:5000(make sure this url is mapped to localhost in your hosts file)
- Create and run migrations
- Make that sure you are in the library folder (CmsEngine\CmsEngine)
dotnet ef migrations add MIGRATION_NAME --startup-project ..\CmsEngine.Ui\
dotnet ef database update
- Just run with Ctrl + F5 (or F5 for debugging) and let everything happens
- You will need to setup your own IIS instance
- Ctrl + Shift + P to attach the process and debug
Note: I am not following any particular pattern nor best practice in this project. Feel free to help.