g3Mobile is an iPhone app that brings all your pictures from gallery3 to your iPhone.
g3Mobile focuses on a smooth browsing experience and comes with some basic features that include
image uploading and adding/modifying/deleting/commenting of albums & items.
- Basic Login/logout
- Tableview & Thumbview to browse the gallery
- Create albums
- Modify albums
- Reordering of album / images per drag&drop
- Delete functionality for albums and photos
- Image upload from library & camera (w/ optional caption)
- Full offline support
- Full caching to boost performance
- Async. load of album & images
- Simple slideshow (basic)
- Add/deletion of Comments (basic)
For testers: How do I get it?
- Do you meet the prerequisites?
- You must have at least iOS version (4.3)
- You must be on the latest gallery3 version (3.0.2)
- You must have the REST API Module enabled
- Contact the author/developer aka me :-)
- Send me an email address that you are checking on your iPhone (PM or email me)
- You will receive an email from TestFlight that allows you to register your device
- Once done, You will receive email notifications for each new build.
You can then install/upgrade over-the-air (directly from your iPhone).
- Use this Gallery 3.x forum to provide feedback
For developers: How can I get it to build & run?
- Install Gallery3:
- See Gallery3
- Enable the REST API Module:
- Go to Admin->Modules and check-on REST API Module and hit Update
- Create/modifiy a user for the mobile-client:
- Go to Admin->Users/Groups and create a user (and a group)
- Go back and grant this user-group rights
Setup the development environment
Get the code
- Get the latest three20 library:
git clone git://github.com/facebook/three20.git;
- Checkout tag 1.0.5:
cd three20; git checkout 1.0.5; cd ..;
- Get the latest g3Mobile code:
git clone git://github.com/dave8401/g3Mobile.git;
cd g3Mobile; git submodule init; git submodule update;
NOTE: The three20- and the g3Mobile-folder MUST be in the same parent directory!
- Fire up g3Mobile.xcodeproj and hit the Build and Debug-button
- Enjoy and contribute with new ideas, code, testing, ...