Regenerate AUTHORS and ldefs-boot.el.
registered, use nil in Vdbus_registered_objects_table. (Bug#9581)
registered signals. (Bug#9581)
* windows.texi (Quitting Windows): New node. (Window Configurations): Add descriptions of window-state-get and window-state-put. (Window Parameters): Describe variable ignore-window-parameters. Sketch some window parameters currently in use. * elisp.texi (Top): Update node listing.
…nction. * lisp/progmodes/cfengine.el (cfengine-auto-mode): Add convenience function that picks between cfengine 2 and 3 support automatically. Update docs accordingly.
* windows.texi (Windows and Frames, Display Action Functions) (Switching Buffers): Fix some typos. (Buffers and Windows): Remove reference to window-auto-delete. Reword description of replace-buffer-in-windows. (Window History): Fix some typos and refer to frame local buffer list.
* doc/lispref/windows.texi (Display Action Functions) (Choosing Window Options): New nodes.
…ting `g' in Gnus. gnus-sum.el (gnus-summary-show-article): Bind `shr-ignore-cache' to re-fetch images. shr.el (shr-tag-img): Support a new variable `shr-ignore-cache' to re-fetch images when hitting `g' in Gnus.
Minor doc fixes for switch-to-buffer, window-prev-buffers, set-window-prev-buffers, set-window-next-buffers.
* doc/lispref/windows.texi (Window History): New node. Move text here from Buffers and Windows. (Switching Buffers): Rename from Displaying Buffers, since we don't document display-buffer here; callers changed. Document FORCE-SAME-WINDOW arg to switch-to-buffer and switch-to-buffer-other-frame. Delete duplicate replace-buffer-in-windows doc. (Choosing Window): Document display actions.
…at's true if the current command involved collapsing of text. It's reset to false at the beginning of the next command. (allout-post-command-business): Move the cursor to the beginning of entry if the cursor is hidden and collapsing activity just happened.
* etc/NEWS: Reorganize, placing user options in Changes section. * doc/emacs/buffers.texi (Select Buffer): Clarify description of buffer-switching commands. Add xref to Window Display node. Don't repeat confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer description from Visiting node. Remove even-window-heights. * doc/emacs/frames.texi (Special Buffer Frames): Add xref to Window Choice. * doc/emacs/windows.texi (Pop Up Window): Defer discussion of window splitting to the Window Choice node. Add index entries. (Force Same Window): Node deleted. (Displaying Buffers, Window Choice): New nodes.
* xdisp.c (string_from_display_spec): Don't assume vecsize fits in int. * indent.c (Fvertical_motion): Fix == vs = typo.
src/dispnew.c (syms_of_display) <redisplay-dont-pause>: Default value is now t. Doc fix. doc/lispref/display.texi (Forcing Redisplay): Update the description of redisplay-dont-pause due to change in the default value. etc/NEWS: Mention the change of the default value.
lisp/ChangeLog: 2011-09-24 Ulf Jasper <firstname.lastname@example.org> * net/newst-reader.el (newsticker-html-renderer) (newsticker-show-news): Automatically load html rendering package if newsticker-html-renderer is set. Fixes "Warning: defvar ignored because w3m-fill-column is let-bound" and the error "Symbol's value as variable is void: w3m-fill-column".
…tring. src/indent.c (Fvertical_motion): Compute and apply the overshoot logic when moving up, not only when moving down. Fix the confusing name and values of the it_overshoot_expected variable; logic changes accordingly. (Bug#9254) (Bug#9549) src/xdisp.c (pos_visible_p): Produce correct pixel coordinates when CHARPOS is covered by a display string which includes newlines. (move_it_vertically_backward): Avoid inflooping when START_CHARPOS is covered by a display string with embedded newlines.
Release services only if they are defined. (Bug#9581)
Vdbus_registered_objects_table. (Bug#9581) (Fdbus_register_method, Vdbus_registered_objects_table): Fix docstring.
to follow usual Emacs and GNU style.
The previous change was incomplete. While it makes emacs --batch detect the vast majority of stdout write failures, errors were still ignored whenever the output size is k * (BUFSIZ+1) - 4. E.g., on a system with BUFSIZ of 4096, $ emacs --batch --eval '(print (format "%4093d" 0))' > /dev/full \ && echo FAIL: ignored write error FAIL: ignored write error $ emacs --batch --eval '(print (format "%20481d" 0))' > /dev/full \ && echo FAIL: ignored write error FAIL: ignored write error * emacs.c (Fkill_emacs): Also test ferror. (Bug#9574)