A plugin for Discourse which allows users to receive their notifications by telegram message
- Install the plugin using the instructions here: How to install a plugin
- Create a telegram by talking to the BotFather (instructions here
- Paste the "token" into the site setting "telegram access token"
- Tick "telegram notifications enabled"
I strongly recommend you use the
/setjoingroups command to disable the bot being used for group chats. It is not designed for it, and risks leaking information that users are not supposed to be able to access (e.g. you don't want private messages being sent to a group chat).
You can set the name/picture/description of your bot using the instructions here
For users to receive notifications
- Send a message to the bot, you'll recieve a message back that looks like
To get notifications for Discourse, enter the 'Chat ID' 1234567 in your user preferences
- Visit your user preferences, and paste the number in the
- You should now receive notifications by telegram message!