Note: vendor, the folder that contains CS50’s PHP library, is not included in this repo folder.
- Introduce you to HTML, CSS, PHP, and SQL.
- Teach you how to teach yourself new languages.
Use a model-view-controller framework to implement C$50 Finance, a Web-based tool with which you can manage portfolios of stocks. This tool can check the actual prices of real stocks using Yahoo! Finance data, as well as buy and sell stocks with paper money to create a mock portfolio! Per Yahoo’s fine print, "Quotes delayed [by a few minutes], except where indicated otherwise."
- Create a database using MySQL and phpMyAdmin to store usernames, hashed passwords, "cash" balances, stock purchases/sales info (e.g. transaction type, stock symbol, stock name, # of shares, price).
- Implement the controllers (all of the .php files in the /public folder).
- Implement the views (all of the .php files in the /views folder).