Simple dashboard for monitoring CPAN modules
To configure this system to work with your system, do the following:
- Register with Travis-CI and Coveralls using your Github login
- Activate the repos that you want to report on in both Travis-CI and Coveralls
- Add the simple .travis.yml file to your repos
- Edit the
dashboard.jsonfile so it is configured correctly
- Push changes to your repos
Note: For (slightly) more detail about setting up Travis-CI and Coveralls, see [my presentation on the subject] (http://www.slideshare.net/davorg/github-travisci-and-perl).
A simple .travis.yml for a a CPAN module looks like this.
language: perl perl: - "5.12" - "5.14" - "5.16" - "5.18" - "5.20" before_install: cpanm -n Devel::Cover::Report::Coveralls script: perl Build.PL && ./Build build && cover -test -report coveralls
This works well for most of my CPAN modules.
You configure the system by editing
dashboard.json. There are two main sections in the file.
- author - information about the author of the modules.
- github - your Github username.
- cpan - your CPAN username.
- output - various output parameters
- file - the name of the output file.
- template - the name of the input template.
- title - the title to use on the output page.
- about - a link to an "about" page. If this omitted, then the "about" link is omitted from the navbar.
- analytics - a Google Analytics code. If this is given, then a Google Analytics section is added to the output.
You can see this code in action at http://code.perlhacks.com/.