This is a simple rspec formatter to make the majestic unicorn leap across your screen every time your specs pass.
git clone https://github.com/daytonn/unicornleap.git cd unicornleap make ln -s $PWD/unicornleap /usr/local/bin/unicornleap
unicorn-formatter in your Gemfile:
Then install it with bundler:
Your all set, just be sure to run your specs with
--format default --format UnicornFormatter. You don't need to use the default formater but you should use another formatter since the unicorn formatter does not output test results. It simply calls unicornleap when your specs pass without any failures (the unicorn will still leap with pending specs).
If you want to set your default formats and not have to specify the format every time you run your specs. Simply, create a
.rspec file in your home directory or project directory and add the following line:
--color --format default --format UnicornFormatter
Again, you can swap out the
default formatter for any other rspec formatter. I personally recommend combining this formatter with the nyan-cat-formatter.
--color --format NyanCatFormatter --format UnicornFormatter
Contributing to unicorn-formatter
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet.
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it.
- Fork the project.
- Start a feature/bugfix branch.
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution.
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2012 Dayton Nolan. See LICENSE.txt for further details.