Welcome to the Emularity
The Emularity should be considered in beta. We welcome feedback and suggestions as we finish 1.0.
Emularity downloads the files you specify (with a progress screen that shows both emulator logos and what is being loaded), arranges them to form a filesystem, constructs the necessary arguments for the emulator, and handles transitions to and from full-screen mode.
The Emularity system has been used by millions of users at the Internet Archive.
Currently works with three emulators:
Scripted Amiga Emulator
Credits and Components
Primary work on Emularity is by https://github.com/db48x, with contributions of code or concepts from https://github.com/jvilk, Andre D, https://github.com/DopefishJustin/, Vitorio Miliano, and https://github.com/textfiles. Some of these contributions predate the git repository, unfortunately.
It also utilizes ES6-Promise, a polyfill of the ES6 Promise API. Both are implemented and included without modification; consult these original repositories for information or verification.
Some Open Issues
- Documentation can be improved
- Splash Screen occasionally overflows canvas
- Progress bars can stand to be improved
- Should add browser-specific detections for unusual behaviors and volume/full-screen actions
- Handling of aspect ratios, and their interaction with full-screen mode
- Finish API for volume/mute/full-screen requests