Build Incrementer is an extremely lightweight and simple Mac OS X command line tool that increments Xcode project build numbers.
##Building The Tool##
You can build
Build Incrementer yourself by downloading the project and building it in Xcode. Alternatively, you can use the precompiled binary provided.
##Using Precompiled Binary##
Once you've built the project or you chose to use the precompiled binary, navigate to
/usr/local/bin and copy the binary file here. You can technically place the binary anywhere you like but I recommend this location.
- Navigate to
- Copy the binary file here. You can technically place the binary anywhere you like but I recommend this location.
- Open an Xcode project for which you'd like to use the
- Open the Scheme Editor, located in the top left of the Xcode project window
- In the Scheme Editor, navigate to
+in the lower left of the pane to add a new script action.
- Execute the script, passing in the path to the
Pay close attention to where it says
Provide build settings from. In my case, the application name is
DrawPoint. You MUST select your app name here, otherwise
Build Incrementer will not be passed the correct parameters and therefore will not work.