The classic game of Battleship! Written in pure ruby.
- Clone this repository
git clone https://github.com/dbernheisel/battleship.git
- Change into the directory
- Run Battleship
- The game will start to prompt you.
If you want Normal mode's test to work, you will need to go back to a previous commit.
- Clone the repository
- go into the directory
git checkout 84d85df
- Now you can run
ruby battleship_test.rband you'll get a fabulous test.
- Salvo Mode!
- Wicked ASCII art.
- Dumb AI so you can win easily.
- Setup a board with any grid size (up to 702, but really?).
- Have any number of ships of any length.
- Includes tests that don't work anymore! If you want the tests to work, then clone the repository on an older commit without some of the features above.
- Add salvo mode
- Pass all the tests
- Re-write tests to anticipate new "onboarding" user flow.
- Write 10 more tests