ne8.org URL minimizer
This is the source code behind http://ne8.org. This is plugin-based modular javaee application, very configuration and made for expansion. It will build into a war that can be deployed to any application server.
- Kick off gradle build to build war (./gradelew build on unix)
- War will be in /UrlMinifierWebapp/build/libs
- Build application (use eclipse for now, gradle still WIP)
- Set up postgres database (Many tutorials exist, choose one applicable to your distribution, configure securely)
- Run DDL's (in /DDL/UrlMinifierV1.sql) in the local database.
- install apache2, mod_proxy
- debian: apt-get install apache2 libapache2-mod-jk
- install tomcat
- apt-get install tomcat8 tomcat8-admin
- uncomment and modify /etc/tomcat8/tomcat-users.xml
- run a2enmod proxy*
- run a2enmod rewrite
- uncomment in /etc/tomcat8/server.xml
<!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 --> <!-- <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" /> -->
- Restart Apache
- Place config files(/config/), edit where needed
- Deploy war in tomcat
- Copy urlmini.xml and log4j.xml onto filesystem (in this example,
- Modify /etc/default/tomcat8 to include location to configuration, see example, these files will go in /etc/minimizer/
JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx512m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -DCONFIG_XML=/etc/minimizer/urlmini.xml -Dlog4j.configurationFile=/etc/minimizer/log4j2.xml"
- Deploy war to tomcat
- Configure apache to rewrite url from / to web app context root.
- Memory Caching plugin (common used aliases should be stored in memory)
- UI Improvements