RemoteInstall is a VMWare-based tool to automate software testing, starting with software installation. It's a pragmatic approach to system and integration-testing starting with the installer process itself through the final installed product and product integration.
- Designed for continuous integration with CruiseControl and CruiseControl.NET.
- Supports VMWare Workstation, Player, Server and Virtual Infrastructure (ESX, etc.) with VMWare VIX 1.7.0+.
- Supports running multiple installers on multiple virtual machines with multiple snapshots.
- Command line, configuration file driven execution.
- XML and HTML logging with pretty xsl-tranformed output including custom merged results.
- Capable of executing user-defined command-line, virtual machine and virtual machine snapshot tasks.
- Capable of combining results from multiple runs and user-defined tasks.
- Automatically collects installation logs clickable in the results summary.
- Copies user-defined files and folders from/to the virtual machine.
- Supports horizontal scaling with parallel execution against multiple Virtual Machine hosts.
- Itegrates and remotes unit tests from unit test frameworks, including NUnit and JUnit.
- Supports some distributed test scenarios with multiple virtual machines and snapshots.
- Download and Install VMWare VIX API.
- Download and Extract RemoteInstall 1.3.
- Open RemoteInstaller.chm and check out Getting Started.
License and Copyright
Copyright (c) Application Security Inc. and Contributors. This project is licensed under the Eclipse Public License.