WAFFLE - Windows Authentication Framework
WAFFLE is a native Windows Authentication Framework consisting of two C# and Java libraries that perform functions related to Windows authentication, supporting Negotiate, NTLM and Kerberos. Waffle also includes libraries that enable drop-in Windows Single Sign On for popular Java web servers, when running on Windows. While Waffle makes it ridiculously easy to do Windows Authentication in Java, on Windows, Waffle does not work on *nix.
Unlike many other implementations Waffle on Windows does not require any server-side Kerberos keytab setup, it's a drop-in solution. You can see it in action in this slightly blurry video produced for TeamShatter.com.
- Download Version 1.5
- Waffle in Sonatype Maven
- Get Waffle To Work in Tomcat, Jetty, WebSphere, etc.
- Need Help? Google Group
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Older Versions on CodePlex.
- PlatformSDK Security Group
There're several semi-independent parts to Waffle. Choose the appropriate HowTo.
- Simple native interfaces in C# and Java to do all things Windows authentication. Useful if you're building a custom client that requires Windows authentication. See Getting Started with WAFFLE API
- A generic Servlet Negotiate (NTLM and Kerberos) Security Filter that can be used with many web servers, including Tomcat, Jetty and WebSphere. See HowTo.
- A Tomcat Negotiate (NTLM and Kerberos) Authenticator Valve, built for the Tomcat Web Container. See HowTo.
- A Tomcat Single Sign-On + Form Authentication Mixed Valve, built for the Tomcat Web Container and allowing users to choose whether to do form authentication (a username and password sent to the server from a form) or Windows SSO (NTLM or Kerberos). See HowTo.
- A Spring-Security Negotiate (NTLM and Kerberos) Filter. See HowTo.
- A Spring-Security Windows Authentication Manager. See HowTo.
- A JAAS Login Module, useful when extending a custom Java client that already implements JAAS to support Windows SSO. See HowTo.
- Account lookup locally and in Active Directory via Win32 API with zero configuration.
- Enumerating Active Directory domains and domain information.
- Returns computer domain / workgroup join information.
- Supports logon for local and domain users returning consistent fully qualified names, identity (SIDs), local and domain groups, including nested.
- Supports all functions required for implementing server-side single-signon with Negotiate and NTLM and various implementations for Java web servers.
- Supports Windows Identity impersonation.
- Includes a Windows Installer Merge Module for distribution of C# binaries.
Related and Similar Products
- Cross-Platform SPNEGO
- Tomcat SPNEGO
- Quest Vintella Single-Sign-On (Commercial)
- IOPlex Jespa (Commercial)
- Fork the project.
- Set Up a Development Environment.
- Make your code changes. Don't forget tests.
- Update CHANGELOG.
- Make pull requests. Bonus points for topic branches.
License and Copyright
Copyright (c) Application Security Inc., 2010-2012 and Contributors.
This project is licensed under the Eclipse Public License.
Project maintained by Daniel Doubrovkine.