Jenkins Plugin 0.9.5 for Jetbrains products
- [fix] idea 2016 compatibility
- [fix] #105 and #107: empty fields in the RSS JSON breaks the content reading
- Full Changelog
Caution: This version does not support Jenkins 2. It will be updated in a near future ;)
This plugin allows to view the content of your Jenkins Continous Integration Server.
This plugin was built with JDK 1.7 for IDEA 14, 15 and with JDK 8 for IDEA 2016 versions. Jenkins CIs of jenkins-ci and apache.org are used for manual and stress testing.
Download this plugin from your IDE or from the plugin website.
- Click on the Jenkins Settings button located on the upper toolbar (or you can also open IntelliJ Settings Screen and select the Jenkins Control Plugin option).
- Enter your Jenkins Server URL (e.g: http://ci.jenkins-ci.org).
- If Security is enabled on the server, you have to provide credentials. Enter your username and the password. The password will be stored in Intellij Password Manager. It could ask you a Master password.
- If Cross Site Request Forgery Prevention is enabled on the server, then you have to provide your crumb data. To get the value, you will have to open the following URL in your browser jenkins_url/crumbIssuer/api/xml?tree=crumb. Just copy and paste the crumb value in the field. please note for the authentication case, you have to run the crumb URL after login.
- To make sure that all parameters are correct, you can click on the Test Connection button. A feedback message will appear.
- If the server response is 401 or 403, a debug panel will appear below :
- You can specify a build start delay (in sec.).
- You can set an auto refresh Period value (in minutes) for both Job Browser and Rss Reader.
- You can filter the RSS data based on the status of the build
- When your configuration is set up, click on the Apply Button to save it.
- To view the jobs You have to refresh the Jenkins Workspace by right-clicking on the Server icon node
- You can select some view by selecting of them in the combo box.
- When you right click on a job some options are available such as Launch a Build, View The Job's Page and View the Last Build Results.
- You can sort builds by status (Fail, Unstable, Disabled/Cancelled and Success)
To search specific Job, just start typing in the Browser and use UP and DOWN keys to navigate.
You can set some jobs as favorite.
- A new View will appear in the combobox that will include your selected jobs.
The RSS reader has moved to the Event Log. If you need to refresh manually, click on the Rss icon button.
- A small widget is available on the status bar. It indicates the overall status of the selected view. When there is no broken build then the icon color is blue (else, a red icon is displayed with the remaining broken builds. If the job auto-refresh is enabled then the widget updates itself.
Information about pre-tested commit: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Designing+pre-tested+commit
Setup the plugin from Jenkins server
- Install Patch Parameter Plugin in Jenkins
- Setup Jenkin's job for patch support
Setup from the IDE
- Updating the list of jobs i recommend to install in 1 minute for quick notifications of the results of the build
- That's all. Now you can run builds with local changes directly from the IDE
- Build status is displayed near the name of the changelist
How to build
This project is built with maven and use profile to manage all compatible version of Intellij
mvn clean install -P[idea-14| idea-15|idea-2016].
However, you need to import an Intellij Community Edition matching with the target version you want to build for. The script
fetchIdea.sh allows downloading and installing the required IntelliJ librairies in your maven repository.
You have to set 2 variables in it:
ideaVersion='15.0.6' # this is the version of the ZIP distribution to be downloaded from jetbrains
ideaVersionForMaven='15.0' # this is the version used in maven dependency, should match with profile/properties/intellij.sdk.version node in the pom.xml
Run it once and then run the first maven command described above with the target profile.
Open the plugin source in Intellij
You can use the command
mvn idea:idea. However you will have to change some entries in the Project configuration panel.
- If needed import JDK 7 (and JDK 8 for)
- Import an Intellij SDK, precise JDK7 or 8 and then select it for the project
- Remove Intellij dependencies from
Modules -> jenkins-control-plugin -> Dependencies:
- forms_rt - openapi - util - idea - resources - resources_en - swingx-core-1.6.2 - annotations - extensions - jna - jdom - icons
At last, build it to check whether everything is ok.
Run Intellij from IntelliJ
Create a plugin Run configuration and just run it.
- This software is written under Apache License 2.0.
- if Jenkins is behing an HTTPS web server, set a trusted certificate.
I would like to thank:
- Cezary Butler and Marcin Seroka from Programisci for their contribution to fix and improve this plugin for Idea 14 and 15
- Yuri Novitsky for his contribution to this plugin (pre-commit feature)
- Kohsuke Kawaguchi for providing us such a great CI server
- Jetbrains Team for providing us such an incredible IDE (certainly the best that Java developers could have).
- All users who sent me valuable suggestions
- Mark James author of the famfamfam web site who provides beautiful icons.
- Guys from Lex Group : Boris Gonnot, Regis Medina, Sébastien Crego, Olivier Catteau, Jean Baptiste Potonnier and others Agile ninjas.
- My wife and my daughters who support me to have fun in software development and also remind me my husband/father duty ;).