An Action-RPG homebrew ROM game developed for the Sega Genesis built on the SGDK library.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes. See deployment for notes on how to deploy the project on a live system.
All prerequisites are included in the master repository and do not require additional configuration.
* = Required
Compile all project dependencies by running build.bat located in the project's top level directory. This will temporarily set environment variables, compile SGDK (if not already compiled), wipe the previous build of the project, compile Willow's Dream and all of its resources, and ask if you would like to open the compiled rom in DGen to playtest the game on an emulated Sega Genesis environment. DGen is included precompiled and doesn't require system configuration.
Physical distribution for commercial use (whether in cartridge or compact format) is not permitted whereas for personal use is strongly recommended as this game is intended to be used on the original Sega Genesis/Mega Drive hardware.
- SDGK - The Sega Genesis/Mega Drive development kit used
- DGEN/SDL - The Sega Genesis/Mega Drive emulator used for testing
- DefleMask - Multi-system chiptune tracker used to compose music and export music ROM files
- Pyxel Edit - Pixel art editor for sprites, animations, tilesets, and tilemaps
At this time in initial development, external contributions are not being considered, but they will be open for merging later in development.
For the versions available, see the tags on this repository.
- D Cooper Dalrymple - Lead Developer - Website - GitHub
- Malcolm Brooks - Storyboard Writer - GitHub
- Hannibal Brooks - Storyboard Writer
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
This project is licensed under GNU LGPL V3.0 - see the LICENSE.md file for details.