Rendering, animation system, supporting systems, using minimal external libraries and built from scratch.
Rendering core engine
- Basic abstraction layer between opengl and render engine.
Simple Skeletal Animation
- 4 bones per vertex using a weighted average
- Hierarchical skeletal structure used to generate per-bone skinning matrices
- Basic support for per-animation
- Support for loading Valve's SMD format
- stb_truetype for ttf files that are rendered from a custom texture packing system.
Here's a super cheesy demo showing a single bone animation over a textured mesh loaded from an SMD file (see cubeanim.smd) with some basic font rendering. More coming soon..