Omniture Beacon Spoof
The purpose of this code is to enable you to redirect Omniture beacons to a local server and save the values into a database table.
THIS IS ALPHA SOFTWARE AND SHOULD BE TREATED ACCORDINGLY. IT IS FUN TO GET RUNNING, BUT EXPECT THINGS TO BE BROKEN.
How to Build
- Simply create a local server envirnment WAMP or LAMP (php)
- Create the database and tables in MySQL using the database.db file
- Put all files in a directory available to your web server
- Download the Zend Framework and modify the bootstrap file to point to the Zend library.
- fix the configs/app.ini settings to your own
- depending on the URL to be spoofed, edit your host file to point to your local computer ex: stats.mydomain.com 127.0.0.1
- Might need to modify the Apache virtual host settings so that stats.mydomain.com points to your local directory (mentioned above)
- If using a proxy then in Firefox (using Fireproxy or other), do not use proxy for stats.mydomain.com, else it just works
How to use
- In Omniture configuation make sure to set the appropriate s.trackingServer to stats.mydomain.com
- Load page that contains Omniture code
- Validate that database is receiving the beacons