This is a proof of concept git-lfs storage server helper for gitolite.
It has been written to work well with django-git-lfs, see: https://github.com/ddanier/django-git-lfs
- Perl: JSON and LWP (HTTP)
- Setup LOCAL_CODE in gitolite.
- Add LFS_URL to .gitolite.rc, for example after LOCAL_CODE. This should point to the perms-view of django-git-lfs for example.
- Add LFS_TOKEN to .gitolite.rc, for example after LOCAL_CODE. This is a secret value used to grant access to the server. (See django-git-lfs's settings.LFS_PERMS_TOKEN for reference)
- Put git-lfs-authenticate into $LOCAL_CODE/commands/
- Run 'gitolite setup'
More secure authentication between git-lfs-authenticate and Git LFS server. A secure token should be generated using some cryptographical hash method.