Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
What is it ?
You can try the tool for yourself.
RXBuild’s goal is to provide a rapid development environment for working with regular expressions. Offering tools that help developpers:
- Edit regular expressions
- With snippets – to insert commonly used patterns
- Insertion of escaped text – to match text litterally without caring about special characters
- Token-list type regular expressions (such as \ba(bstract|s)|b(ase|ool|reak|yte)\b)
- Have a quick reference readily available – I don’t know about you, but I really hate memorizing syntax.
- Analyse regular expressions
- Easily test the expression against input text
- Display the regular expression in english form (like a DOM)
- Debug the regular expression [ not done yet unfortunately ]
- And use regular expressions
- Export to a variety of languages, ready for pasting pleasure
How do I use it
You can visit the demo page .
The page is divided in four parts:
- The top part is the sample input text – this lets you set and edit the text against which you test the regular expression
- The left part has the link to the quick-reference. I’m planning to put the analysers here
- The bottom part shows a tree with current matches for the expression
- The middle/main/right part is the regular expression itself. You use the buttons in the toolbar to edit it. At the far right of the buttons is the current cursor location
The rest should be fairly obvious
I am looking for help implementing these (fun) features. See the TODO page for stuff I’m planning. Drop me a mail if you have complaints or ideas (but the great pleasure of open source is the right to ultimately say “do it yourself!”).
Thanks go to lemarsu for the ruby generation code.