Welcome to Potion Store
- PayPal Website Payments Pro support
- PayPal Express Checkout support
- Google Checkout support
- Administration interface with some simple sales charts
- Send lost license page (http://mycompany.com/store/lost_license)
- Google Analytics e-commerce transaction tracking support for PayPal and credit card orders
- Rails 2.1 or higher.
- PostgreSQL or MySQL
This is a brief outline of the steps required to get the development environment of Potion Store up and running on your local machine.
Edit the following config files to suit your needs
Set session store secret Edit config/environment.rb and modify the config.action_controller.session setting
- Install Postgresql or MySQL if you haven't
- Create the store_development database. Make sure to set the encoding of the database to UTF8. I recommend pgAdmin for Postgresql newcomers.
- Edit config/database.yml
- run "rake db:migrate" to create the database schema
Replace the default license key generator in lib/licensekey.rb with your own
If you are setting up Google Checkout, log into your Google Checkout account (sandbox or live), go to Settings->Integration and put in your URL that corresponds to the following:
That is the URL that Google uses to make callbacks. If you don't set this up, your customers will not get their orders delivered by email.
- gem install ruby-debugger
- Put 'debugger' where you want to break in your source code
- Start the app with 'script/server --debugger' to enable breakpoints
I'd appreciate it if you kept the "Powered by Potion Store" link in the footer. It'll help more developers find the project.