cocos2d-x is a multi-platform framework for building 2d games, interactive books, demos and other graphical applications. It is based on cocos2d-iphone, but instead of using Objective-C, it uses C++. It works on iOS, Android, OS X, Windows, Linux, Emscripten, Google Native Client, BlackBerry and Tizen.
- Easy to use
- Community Supported
Download the code from cocos2d download site
$ cd cocos2d-x $ ./create-multi-platform-projects.py -p mygame -k com.your_company.mygame -l cpp $ cd projects/mygame
- Scene management (workflow)
- Transitions between scenes
- Sprites and Sprite Sheets
- Effects: Lens, Ripple, Waves, Liquid, etc.
- Actions (behaviours):
- Trasformation Actions: Move, Rotate, Scale, Fade, Tint, etc.
- Composable actions: Sequence, Spawn, Repeat, Reverse
- Ease Actions: Exp, Sin, Cubic, Elastic, etc.
- Misc actions: CallFunc, OrbitCamera, Follow, Tween
- Basic menus and buttons
- Integrated with physics engines: Box2d and Chipmunk
- Particle system
- Skeleton Animations: Spine and Armature support
- Fast font rendering using Fixed and Variable width fonts
- Support for .ttf fonts
- Tile Map support: Orthogonal, Isometric and Hexagonal
- Parallax scrolling
- Motion Streak
- Render To Texture
- Touch/Accelerometer on mobile devices
- Touch/Mouse/Keyboard on desktop
- Sound Engine support (CocosDenshion library) based on OpenAL
- Integrated Slow motion/Fast forward
- Fast and compressed textures: PVR compressed and uncompressed textures, ETC1 compressed textures, and more
- Resolution Independence
- Open Source Commercial Friendly: Compatible with open and closed source projects
- OpenGL ES 2.0 (mobile) / OpenGL 2.1 (desktop) based
- Mac OS X 10.7+, Xcode 4.6+
- or Ubuntu 13.04+
- or Windows 7+, VS 2012+
- iOS 5.0+ for iPhone / iPad games
- Android 2.3+ for Android games
- OS X v10.6+ for Mac games
- Windows 7+ for Win games
- Tizen 2.2+
- Google Native Client
Select the test you want from Xcode Scheme chooser.
- For OS X / iOS
$ cd cocos2d-x/samples $ open samples.xcodeproj
- For Linux
$ cd cocos2d-x $ ./make-all-linux-projects.sh
or open the
cocos2d-x/cocos2dx-qt5.pro file using QT Creator 5.
- For Windows
- For Android
$ cd cocos2d-x/samples/Cpp/HelloCpp/proj.android $ ./build_native.sh
Import HelloCpp Android project using Eclipse(released with Android SDK). The path to be imported is
Did you find a bug? Do you have feature request? Do you want to merge a feature?