IzPack is a one-stop solution for packaging, distributing and deploying applications.
It is fully cross-platform and generates a single installer. As such, it is an alternative to native solutions such as platform-specific installers and package managers.
IzPack-generated installers only require a Java virtual machine to run. It is however capable of providing integration with the host operating systems (e.g., creating desktop shortcuts or editing the Windows registry).
IzPack is published under the terms of the Apache License, Version 2.0, meaning that you can adapt it to your needs with very minimal constraints.
Some third-party components (e.g., look and feel libraries) may be released under different terms.
IzPack is part of the Codehaus Foundation (see http://codehaus.org/).
- Web site: http://izpack.org/
- Codehaus space: http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/izpack/
- Mailing-lists: http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/izpack/lists
- Confluence-based wiki and documentation: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/IZPACK
- News feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/IzPack
- 'Blessed' Git repository: http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/izpack/repo/primary/repo
- GitWeb: http://git.codehaus.org/gitweb.cgi?p=izpack.git
- FishEye: http://fisheye.codehaus.org/browse/izpack
- JIRA issue tracker: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/IZPACK