In a nutshell
This an Eclipse plugin for editing AsciiDoc files (
In addition it adds editors PlantUML (
and DITAA (
.ditaa) files as well.
- Vertical or horizontal splitted Text and Preview on same Editor
- Syntax highlighting in Text Editor (Colors can be customized, defaults for dark themes exists too)
- Preview panel is same output as generated HTML by ascii doctor (so WYSIWYG)
- Preview panel immediately updated on text save
For more information
- about the plugin take a look at https://github.com/de-jcup/eclipse-asciidoctor-editor/wiki
- about asciidoctor please look at https://asciidoctor.org/docs/asciidoc-syntax-quick-reference
How to build this plugin ?
git clone https://github.com/de-jcup/eclipse-asciidoctor-editor.git
- open a shell and go into
gradlew installLibraries- this will install current asp dependencies etc. (so its not inside git)
- After this is done open your eclipse and import ALL existing eclipse projects from
eclipse-asciidoctor-editorinto your workspace
- Gradle parts are only used for automated testing
- To build the editor plugin, please open "asciidoctor-editor-updatesite/site.xml" with eclipse site editor and build Editor feature by pressing "Build" button inside.
Execute (development phase)
- Simply start as Eclipse Application by a new launch configuration in eclipse
Eclipse asciidoctor editor is licensed under Apache 2.0 (see http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)