In a nutshell
This is a eclipse plugin to edit jenkins files named as
Jenkinsfile . See https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/jenkinsfile/ for more information about syntax etc.
Installation by eclipse marketplace
It is available at https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/jenkins-editor
- Syntax highlighting (customizable) + default colors for dark theme
- Outline + Quick outline (CTRL + o)
- Simple groovy syntax validation (local)
- Validate by Jenkins Linter (remote)
- Bracket switching (CTRL + p)
- Block commenting (CTRL + 7)
Please look at https://github.com/de-jcup/eclipse-jenkins-editor/wiki for more information /documentation.
How to build this plugin ?
- Checkout EGradle projects in same Workspace (as dependency for plugin development)
- Checkout Jenkins Editor projects
- Gradle parts are only used for automated testing
- To build the editor plugin, please open "jenkins-editor-updatesite/site.xml" with eclipse site editor and build Jenkins editor feature by pressing "Build" button inside.
- Simply start as Eclipse Application by a new launch configuration in eclipse
Jenkins Editor is under Apache 2.0 license (http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)