Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the Jenkins Editor Wiki!
In a nutshell
It is a eclipse plugin to edit jenkins files named as
*.jenkins to handle jenkins pipeline builds.
(See https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/ for more information about pipeline syntax etc.)
Installation by eclipse marketplace
The editor is available at https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/jenkins-editor
- Code completion and tooltips for Jenkins Declarative Pipeline
- Handling TODO Tasks in multi- and single line comments
- Syntax highlighting (customizable) + default colors for dark theme
- Outline + Quick outline (CTRL + o)
- Simple groovy syntax validation (local)
- Validate by Jenkins Linter (remote)
- Bracket switching (CTRL + p)
- Block commenting (CTRL + 7)
There exists a YouTube Playlist were you can find some videos about jenkins editor usage.
White Theme screen shots
Dark Theme screen shots