The major changes of this release are:
- Parallel triangulations can now be partitioned in ways that allow weighting cells differently.
- Improved support for complex numbers throughout the library.
- A new triangulation type that supports parallel computations but ensures that the entire mesh is available on every processor.
- An implementation of the Rannacher-Turek element, as well as an element that extends the usual Q(p) elements by bubble functions.
- Second and third derivatives of finite element fields are now computed exactly.
- The interface between finite elements, quadrature, mapping, and the FEValues class has been rewritten. It is now much better documented.
- Initial support for compiling with Visual C++ 2013 and 2015 under Windows has been added.
- Where possible, the 'gold' linker is used, dramatically speeding up linking
- More than 140 other features and bugfixes.
For more information see
- the preprint at https://www.dealii.org/deal84-preprint.pdf
- the list of changes at