Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the deal.II wiki! This wiki collects explanations and advice for many topics, in particular installation support, guidelines for contributions, FAQs, etc.
At several places, the wiki refers to pages on https://www.dealii.org/.
In case you have questions, contact the deal.II mailing list.
- README and installation instructions
- Getting deal.II
- Apple/MacOS: see wiki pages MacOSX and Apple ARM M1 OSX
- Homebrew/Linuxbrew on MacOSX and Linux: see deal.II on Homebrew Linuxbrew
- Windows: see wiki page Windows
- Spack: see deal.II in Spack
- Docker: see Docker Images
- Power architecture
- Coding conventions
- Commit Authorship
- Debugging with GDB
- Testing infrastructure (Continuous Integration)
- The deal.II Testsuite (ctest)
- Working with Integrated Development Environments: Eclipse, KDevelop, QtCreator, and for the nostalgics: Emacs
Due to limitations with Github's wiki implementation, the table of contents for each individual page is manually generated. In particular, the shell script at
(with a little postprocessing) generated the FAQ table of contents. If you add new entries, then please also update the table of contents accordingly.
Step by step on how to update the TOC:
git clone https://github.com/tjhei/github-markdown-toc cd github-markdown-toc ./gh-md-toc https://github.com/dealii/dealii/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Question
and replace the TOC with the output.