Side-by-side diffing for Jasmine string comparisons.
Quick hack leaning on https://github.com/wickedest/Mergely and its dependencies (Code Mirror, jQuery).
- Grab the source with a
git clone https://github.com/deanhunt/jasmine-visual-diff.git
- Visit chrome://extensions; navigate to the repo and load its entire folder (including
- Check "Enable in Incognito Mode" if it pleases you.
- Run your Jasmine tests via
- Click the
Expected 'something' to be 'something else'error reported in Jasmine test failures (not the stack trace).
- The inline string comparison will be replaced by a side-by-side diff. (The stack trace will also be compressed.)
- Only works on URLs container the text
- Only currently recognizes the form "Expected 'something' to be 'something else'"
- Mergely has a viral license so it's not embeddable directly within application code (thus the extension)