A Workflow for Alfred.
Quickly select recipients from your Mac's Contacts database and send them to your email client of choice. Also works with Groups/Distribution Lists.
You can install MailTo either from GitHub releases.
Note: Versions 2.2 and later are only compatible with Alfred 3. If you're using Alfred 2, please install version v2.1.4.
Note: The first time you run MailTo, you will probably be asked to grant access to your Contacts. Obviously enough, if you refuse access, MailTo won't work.
@ keyword in Alfred to access MailTo and search your Mac's Address Book.
Recipients will be suggested from matching contacts and groups in the
accounts configured in your
Contacts app (see the help file for supported account types).
⇥ to autocomplete the recipient list from the selected result, or
⌘+NUM to add the address to the recipient list and start composing a mail.
You can add multiple recipients by adding a comma between them.
mailto to view/change settings.
See the online help for more information.
Supported email clients
MailTo should work with any email client, as it uses the standard
mailto: URI scheme to call them.
See the online help for a full list of supported and unsupported clients.
Thanks, licensing etc.
- The MailTo code is released under the MIT licence.
- MailTo is heavily based on Alfred-Workflow, also released under the MIT licence and also by me.
- The icons are almost all from Dave Gandy's Font Awesome (SIL Open Font License) via Seth Lilly's also awesome Font Awesome Symbols for Sketch (MIT licence). Any icons that are not from Font Awesome, you may do with as you please.
First non-beta release of v2.
- Fix typos in
- Make holding
⌘down on an email client work as advertised
⌘+Lon an email client shows bundle ID as Large Text
- Fix settings bug
- Fix output bug
- Add Airmail 2 support
- Add MS Outlook support
- Filter duplicate contacts
- Update AW library for Sierra compatibility
- Alfred 3-only
- Revert to using
rerunto reload results after cache updates
- Catch exceptions during group handling