Aragon Smart Fund DAO
This is a demo app presented at the Tallinn Blockchain Developers Meetup
What is it?
- an app that can manage a "mutual fund", which controls inflow and outflow of ether and invest ether into different tokens according to the "investment strategy" written in a smart contract
- integrated with voting module to allow fund owners to agree to the change of the investment strategy
How to try it?
$ npm install
Step 1: Keep ethereum devchain running
$ npm run devchain
The devchain will be listening to the port
Step 2: Deploy some test tokens and a demo fund strategy factory
$ npx truffle migrate --network devchain ... demoStrategyFactory configuration 0xC56a94cB177B297A9f4fe11781CE4E2eD1829f8B 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 ...
Take note of the logline extracted above, they are important later for setting up the fund.
Step 3: Deploy a DAO
Deploy an Aragon DAO with Smart Fund App installed using the template.
$ npm run aragon:run:ipfs:template ... Opening http://localhost:8400/#/0x68bbD37A9826286e0Aa684E24fAc2bAd2c883D9B to view your DAO ...
Take note of the DAO address.
Step 4: Configure the Smart Fund App
- Make sure the browser metamask has custom connection setup at
- Open the deployed DAO address
- Go to "Smart Fund" app
- In "Strategy proposal" panel, fill in the two variables you got from the step 2 in order
- Click "Propose Strategy"
- Click "Request Strategy Approval"
- Go to "Voting" app to have a look of the vote you just created
- Subscribe 0.01 ETH (Do not subsribe more than 1 ETH, there is not enough liquidity in the uniswap for test tokens!)
- And redeem some units
- That's it!
Having trouble or want to build similar apps?