sample scene Block Dog
This scene is based on a tutorial that HardlyDifficult created for us.
It shows how animate a simple character with:
- A finite state machine
- A loop that updates autonomously
- Responses to user interaction
You can find a full tutorial including video and written content here
Explore the scene: this link takes you to a copy of the scene deployed to a remote server where you can interact with it. You can also achieve the same by following the steps below and running it locally.
Install the CLI
Download and install the Decentraland CLI by running the following command
npm i -g decentraland
For a more details, follow the steps in the Installation guide.
Previewing the scene
Once you've installed the CLI, download this example and navigate to its directory from your terminal or command prompt.
from the scene directory:
$: dcl start
Any dependencies are installed and then the CLI will open the scene in a new browser tab automatically.
- The dog has autonomous behavior and randomly sits and stands up on its own.
- If you click the dog, it switches from standing up to sitting down.
- If you click the water bowl, it walks towards it and drinks.
- If you step inside the bounds of the scene, the dog follows you and sits in front of you.