A curated list of decentralized, P2P (peer-to-peer), and distributed platforms and applications ("dapps").
Please read the contribution guidelines to contribute.
- Bitcoin - Digital currency, with distributed ledger known as a "blockchain".
- BitSquare - Bitcoin exchange
- Lighthouse - Crowdfunding, using bitcoin multisig "smart contracts".
- OpenBazaar - Marketplace, with store fronts and moderators.
- P2Pool - Bitcoin mining pool.
Anonymity and Proxies
- DarkWallet - Bitcoin wallet using stealth addresses and coinjoin for anonymity.
- JoinMarket - Implementation of CoinJoin (bitcoin mixing for anonymity) with added incentive structure.
- Freenet - Anonymous network with hidden services.
- I2P - Anonymous network with hidden services.
- Tor - Anonymous network proxy.
- BitMessage - Anonymous encrypted message broadcasting.
- Identifi - Distributed identity and reputation store.
- RetroShare - Communication, messaging, and file sharing.
- Streamium - Bitcoin paid streaming video broadcasting.
- Tox - Instant messaging and video calling.
- Twister - Microblogging (Twitter-like) application.
Content and Data
- BitTorrent - Protocol for distributed file sharing
- Blockstack - Toolset for decentralized applications.
- IPFS - InterPlanetary File System, a distributed file system.
- Secure Scuttlebutt - Distributed message feed network.
- Tahoe-LAFS - Distributed cloud data storage.
- WebTorrent - Browser torrent client using WebRTC.
- WebRTC - W3C drafted standard for browser-to-browser data transfer.
- ZeroNet - P2P web applications, based on bittorrent.
- BitShares - Financial platform, using BitAssets.
- Counterparty - Financial applications on bitcoin network, extended with XCP cryptocurrency.
- Crypti - Application platform, with XCR cryptocurrency.
- Ethereum - "Smart contract" platform, with Ether cryptocurrency.
- Eris - Platform for consensus(blockchain) based applications.
- MaidSafe - Distributed data, with SafeCoin cryptocurrency.
- NXT - Financial platform, with NXT coin.
- Namecoin - Fork of bitcoin, intended as a decentralized domain name registry.
- Sia - Distributed data, with SiaCoin cryptocurrency.
- Storj - Distributed data, with StorjCoin cryptocurrency.
To the extent possible under law, the author of this page has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.