GlotPress Plugin: GP Project Export Name
- Contributors: David Decker, contributors
- Tags: glotpress, export, project, name, file name, filename, projects, translations, translation, download, saving
- Requires at least: 4.7.0
- Tested up to: 4.9.8
- Requires PHP: 5.6
- Stable tag: master
- Donate link: https://www.paypal.me/deckerweb
- License: GPL-2.0+
- License URI: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php
In GlotPress plugin change the export file name to project name, plus locale string (as a language code).
Using native filters in the GlotPress plugin for WordPress to tweak the export file names to a more practical format/ string.
Backstory: In my private GlotPress install I only translate from English to German. Therefore I only always need to export/ save translation files with the German locale "de_DE". The project name as file name makes a lot of sense: using plugin name also as plugin slug and textdomain is common sense nowadays in WordPress universe. As a result I get file names like "my-plugin-name-de_DE.mo" that I only need to upload, package as ZIP or something like that. Pretty cool, hehe! :-)
- Install, activate and use. That's all!
- It works seamlessly in the background only using native GlotPress filters.
- Makes work of translators and plugin/ theme developers a bit more easier, hopefully.
- A plugin for "GlotPress as a WordPress plugin".
- WordPress v4.4.0 or higher
- Plugin: GlotPress v2.1.0 or higher
- PLEASE: For security and best support, always use the latest stable versions of WordPress, GlotPress and plugins!
- Download current .zip archive from master branch here, URL: https://github.com/deckerweb/gp-project-export-name/archive/master.zip
- Unzip the package, then rename the folder to
gp-project-export-name, then upload renamed folder via SFTP/ FTP to your WordPress plugin directory
- Activate the plugin
Via "GitHub Updater" Plugin (recommended!)
- Install & activate the "GitHub Updater" plugin, get from here: https://github.com/afragen/github-updater
- Recommended: set your API Token in the plugin's settings
- Go to "Settings > GitHub Updater > Install Plugin"
- Paste the GitHub URL
https://github.com/deckerweb/gp-project-export-namein the "Plugin URI" field (branch "master" is pre-set), then hit the "Install Plugin" button there
- Install & activate the plugin
- Are done via the plugin "GitHub Updater" (see above) - leveraging the default WordPress update system!
- Setting your GitHub API Token is recommended! :)
- It's so easy and seamless you won't find any better solution for this ;-)
- Uses name of project as main file name (or sub project - always the deepest level gets used), plus a locale language code (like "en_US" or "de_DE"), plus the file format extension.
- Example: Project name in GlotPress is "My Example Plugin" and locale is set to "it_IT"
- Result: filename for example will be: "my-example-plugin-it_IT.po" (or .mo or whatever extension selected from the dropdown...)
= Localization & Internationalizaton:
- Used textdomain:
- German translations included (
- Plugin's own path for translations:
- Recommended: Global WordPress lang dir path for translations:
wp-content/languages/plugins/gp-project-export-name-de_DE.mo---> NOTE: if this file/path exists it will be loaded at higher priority than the plugin path! This is the recommended path & way to store your translations as it is update-safe and allows for custom translations!
- Recommended translation tools: Poedit Pro v1.8+ or WordPress Plugin "Loco Translate" or your IDE/ Code Editor or old WordPress plugin "Codestyling Localization" (for the brave who know what they are doing :) )
Changelog - Version History:
--> See plugin file CHANGES.md here
Copyright (c) 2016-2018 David Decker - DECKERWEB.de