Generic templated configuration management for Kubernetes, Terraform and other things.
Kapitan is a tool to manage complex deployments using jsonnet, kadet (alpha) and jinja2.
Use Kapitan to manage your Kubernetes manifests, your documentation, your Terraform configuration or even simplify your scripts.
- Main Blog, articles and tutorials: Kapitan Blog
- Mailing List email@example.com
- London Meetup Group London Kapitan Meetup
- Use the Inventory as the single source of truth to tie together deployments, resources and documentation. based on reclass
- Use Jsonnet or Kadet (alpha) to create json/yaml based configurations (e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform);
- Use Jinja2 to create text based templates for scripts and documentation;
- Manage secrets with GPG, AWS KMS or gCloud KMS and define who can access them, without compromising collaboration with other users.
- Create dynamically generated documentation about a single deployment (i.e. ad-hoc instructions) or all deployments at once (i.e. global state of deployments)
See https://kapitan.dev/ or
docs/README.md in the source code.