This is a Blackjack web app with only cards — no gambling! Go ahead and play the game.
This game follows the standard rules of Blackjack. The one difference is that an Ace has a value of 10. Also, the more "advanced" Blackjack strategies such as splitting, doubling, etc. are not implemented since there is no betting or buying in.
I built this app as a weekend project with Angular and the Deck of Cards API.
Potential New Features & Dev Work
- Get a new shuffled deck once the current deck runs out. Currently, once all cards are exhausted, the web app must be refreshed to get a new deck from the API.
- Make the Ace worth either 11 or a 1
- Toggle a hint feature to show the optimal strategy
- Leverage the existing localStroage package to store the current hand state of a player
- Create Models for Cards, Hands, and Players
- Support multiple players against the dealer
- Add chips and betting
This project was generated with Angular CLI version 7.3.0.
ng serve for a dev server. Navigate to
http://localhost:4200/. The app will automatically reload if you change any of the source files.
ng generate component component-name to generate a new component. You can also use
ng generate directive|pipe|service|class|guard|interface|enum|module.
ng build to build the project. The build artifacts will be stored in the
dist/ directory. Use the
--prod flag for a production build.
Running unit tests
ng test to execute the unit tests via Karma.
Running end-to-end tests
ng e2e to execute the end-to-end tests via Protractor.
To get more help on the Angular CLI use
ng help or go check out the Angular CLI README.