Welcome to the SSISProjectWeaver wiki!
SSISProjectWeaver is a metadata-driven platform for the execution of SQL Server SSIS 2012+ projects. It supports cross-project execution and dependencies as well as SQL-based dependencies (executes packages based on the outcome of any SQL statement) and has built-in restart-ability and automatic retry capabilities. It also has extensive logging, reporting, and notifications. The framework leverages data from SSISDB and requires absolutely no modification to existing projects and packages, making it very easy to test-drive and ultimately implement.
SSISProjectWeaver significantly reduces SSIS development time by eliminating the need to code for the core infrastructure that is required by robust, enterprise-grade integration projects. It also significantly reduces the effort needed to support complex ETL processes by consolidating everything needed for day-to-day support including fine-grained logging, notifications, reports and dashboards, parallelism control, and manual intervention without the need for in-depth SSIS knowledge.
- 100% T-SQL based.
- No custom code or SSIS package modification necessary. Just point to your existing projects and packages and go.
- Inter and Intra-project Dependency Capabilities: Create dependencies between packages and groups of packages within the same project as well as across other projects, allowing for "code-less" dependency definitions that can be changed at any time, without having to deploy any new code.
- Automatic Exception Handling and Notification: Automatically logs and notifies of all SSIS exceptions.
- SQL-based dependencies: Create package execution dependencies/triggers based on the result of any SQL statement that returns a bit value. For example, require a Table2.ColumnA to equal 100 prior to execution Package1 and check back on a configurable interval for that condition to be met.
- Restarability: Restart a batch (set of packages) at the appropriate point, midway through execution, without using checkpoints or custom code. Restart a failed package directly from a dashboard or report.
- Automatic Retry: For finicky packages that rely on external or unreliable resources such as web-services, Excel files, etc., set a user configurable number of automatic retry attempts.
- Easy to Read Views and Reports: View real-time package execution status as logged in SSISDB not matter where the package falls in the execution hierarchy (parent or child) using your choice of SQL Server views or SSRS reports that can be viewed from within SSMS.
- Built on top of MS SQL Server's SSISDB: All execution status-based logic built on top of the out-of-the-box SSISDB database.
- Extensive logging: Logging of all batch events such as Batch Creation, Batch Completion, Identifying Packages to Execute, Package Execution, Unhandled Exception, Error Notification Sent, SQL Command Executed, etc. Logging of package execution for all packages, not just parent/entry-point packages as most SSISDB reports reflect.