Dell EMC OpenManage Ansible Modules
Dell EMC OpenManage Ansible Modules allows Data Center and IT administrators to use RedHat Ansible to automate and orchestrate the configuration, deployment, and update of Dell EMC PowerEdge Servers (12th generation of PowerEdge servers and later) by leveraging the management automation capabilities in-built into the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC).
With the latest release of Dell EMC OpenManage Ansible Modules, the capabilities have improved with support for OpenManage Enterprise. OpenManage Ansible Modules allows users to retrieve device inventory information of each device discovered in the OpenManage Enterprise.
Dell EMC PowerEdge Servers with:
- 12G and 13G PowerEdge Servers: iDRAC 7/8 with Firmware version 126.96.36.199 and above
- 14G PowerEdge Servers: iDRAC 9 with Firmware version 188.8.131.52 and above
- Python >= 2.7.5
- For OpenManage Ansible modules for iDRAC, install the supported version of Dell EMC OpenManage Python SDK
Please refer to the OpenManage Ansible Modules Documentation
Sample playbooks and examples could be found under examples directory
Sample Results for the respective modules could be found under samples directory.
- Clone the latest development repository and install the ansible modules.
git clone -b devel --single-branch https://github.com/dell/dellemc-openmanage-ansible-modules.git cd dellemc-openmanage-ansible-modules python install.py
It is recommended to update the ansible configuration setting environment variables to point to the current module paths, if any.
If using an alternative python interpreter, i.e. virtualenv, you must set the Ansible variable ansible_python_interpreter to that path.
cd dellemc-openmanage-ansible-modules python uninstall.py
This project is licensed under GPL-3.0 License. Please see the COPYING for more information
We welcome your contributions to OpenManage Ansible Modules. See Coding Guidelines for more details.
- This devel branch corresponds to the release actively under development.
- If you want to report any issue, then please report it by creating a new issue here
- If you have any requirements that is not currently addressed, then please let us know by creating a new issue here
- If you want to provide any feedback to the development team, then you can do so by sending an email to OpenManageAnsible@Dell.com
- We also have a #openmanageansible slack channel which you can use for reporting any issue, new feature request or for general discussion with development team. You can get an invite by requesting one at here.
- OpenManageAnsible (OpenManageAnsible@dell.com)