Dell EMC OpenManage Python SDK
DellEMC OpenManage Python SDK (OMSDK) is a python library that helps developers and customers to automate the lifecycle management of PowerEdge Servers. OMSDK module leverages the iDRAC's REST APIs based on DMTF Redfish standards as well as WS-Man and SNMP protocols for configuration, deployment, updates and monitoring of PowerEdge Servers. In addition, OMSDK also supports monitoring and querying inventory information for PowerEdge Modular Infrastructure (M1000e, VRTX and FX2).
All Dell EMC PowerEdge 12th and above Generation of PowerEdge Servers, and Chassis Management Controllers of Dell EMC PowerEdge M1000e, Dell EMC PowerEdge VRTX and Dell EMC PowerEdge FX2 Chassis
- iDRAC 7/8 with Firmware Versions 18.104.22.168 or above
- iDRAC 9 with Firmware Versions 3.00.00.00 or above
Dell EMC OpenManage Python SDK is supported for python 2.7 and above.
Install the prerequisites using the requirements file on python 2.x as:
pip install -r requirements-python2x.txt
Install the prerequisites using the requirements file on python 3.x as:
pip3 install -r requirements-python3x.txt
This branch contains the build version 1.2.456
Install the latest development version from github:
git clone https://github.com/dell/omsdk.git cd omsdk sh build.sh 1.2 456 cd dist pip install omsdk-1.2.456-py2.py3-none-any.whl
If omsdk build creation fails due to
pythoncommand error, configure
pythonto launch either
python3. Accordingly configure the
Upgrading to latest version of python setuptools and wheel is recommended.
omsdk installation may fail with pip version 10.0 and above, follow one of the following steps in such scenario
- Downgrade pip version to lower than 10.0 and then install omsdk
- Force install omsdk using:
pip install --ignore-installed omsdk-1.2.456-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Uninstall this module as follows:
pip uninstall omsdk
Refer to the documentation for details on how to use this SDK
Licensed under the Apache Software License, version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
- Dell EMC OpenManage Python SDK is supported by OpenManage developers team.
- If you want to report any issue, then please report it by creating a new issue here
- If you have any requirements that is not currently addressed, then please let us know by creating a new issue here
- If you want to provide any feedback to the development team, then you can do so by sending an email to OpenManageSDK@Dell.com