CamSlide is a full open source embedded system to slide a camera on a rail in order to create stunning movie efffects or for time-lapse.
Current software version v0.0.0. Not finished, not stable.
This project is licensed under the GNU GPLv3 open source license. Thus anybody is allowed to copy and modify the source code, provided all changes are open source too and the author is in knowledge of all done changes. This can happen either via eMail or directly on GitHub, in other words at this repository.
Further I refer to my previous work, in order to fully understand the source code.
- The LCD display library
- The idea behind the I2C bus
- The basic idea behind a stepper motor
- How to trigger a camera
- And how to access the pins fast
For a detailed description visit the projects web-page:
I am not responsible for anything in conjunction with this project, including bugs, failure, fire, harm of equipment and harm of persons. Reasonably foreseeable misapplication:
- Bug in the code
- Failure of used parts due to a bug in the code or a wrong wiring diagram, including a wrong design.
- Fire due to a wrong wiring diagram, including a wrong design.
- Harm of equipment, meaning third party parts (cameras, flashes, etc.) due to a bug in the code or a wrong wiring diagram, including a wrong design.
- Harm of persons due to any failure of the system, a wrong wiring diagram or a wrong behaviour.
It is your own responsibility to use these contents. Be careful, this project includes lethal electrical voltage. Put yourself in knowledge about the risks before you start with this project.