* document the static-includes bit (or maybe just move it into the config file?)
* document in general. A man page would be good.
* provide a Makefile to handle installation
* optimize the damned search code... that's been bugging me for YEARS...
* fix up the Debian bits to make it into a USABLE package
* consolidate the cleanup scripts. All of those functions can just go into a single library, with a wrapper program written to still allow running individual scripts from the command line when necessary.