Run this command in your Debian based terminal:
curl -L https://raw.github.com/demophoon/dotfiles/master/install.sh | sh
Or pull down the repository and run
setup.sh to let the magic happen.
On Mac OSX
You will want to install Homebrew (http://brew.sh/) and run
brew bundle Brewfile before you run the command above.
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
Run the following command on in a mac terminal once to apply osx settings.
source ./.osx sudo reboot
Use zsh instead of bash!
chsh -s /bin/zsh
THIS WILL REMOVE YOUR CURRENT DOTFILES IN YOUR HOME DIRECTORY. MAKE BACKUPS BEFORE INSTALLING
To automatically enable pushing to origin after commit run these commands
chmod a+x ./push.sh ln -s ./push.sh ./.git/hooks/post-commit
- Installs dotfiles into home directory. Warning: This will remove current settings in your home directory! Only run if you want the dotfiles in this repository! You have been warned!
- Attach or create a tmux session
- Connects to a sandbox tmux session
- Updates dotfiles if an update exists
- Finds and activates a python virtual environment if one is found in one of the child directories in the working directory