Modern Web Development with Scala
This is the companion code repository for the Modern Web Development with Scala book published by Leanpub.
The application built using
denisftw/play-scala-web-starter.g8 Giter8 template marks the initial state of a model application that is used throughout the book for demonstrating different aspects of Web development. In particular the book illustrates the following:
- Querying remote services with the
- Using MacWire for injecting dependencies
- Using ScalikeJDBC for accessing PostgreSQL
- Integrating Play with React and Webpack
- Working with JSON and using Play Forms API
- Using Akka Actors
- Using HTTP filters and action composition in Play
- Testing with ScalaTest and Mockito
The code uses Play 2.6 and Scala 2.12.2 along with sbt 0.13.15.