Shell functions (Zsh/Bash) to manage clusters of local virtual machines on your workstation.
The following use-cases are supported:
- Setup of a shared NATed network for all virtual machine instances.
- Manage the life cycle of multiple virtual machine instances.
- Data sharing between virtual machine instances and your workstation.
- Enable external access to virtual machine instances with port forwarding.
- Share virtual machine templates among coworkers.
- Snapshot virtual machines and copy backup to remote storage.
- Provisioning of virtual machines with configuration management tool Chef.
We aim for very simple and lightweight code, and very transparent handling of external dependencies like:
- SSH, Rsync, SSHfs
Copyright 2011-2013 Victor Penso
Libvirt-Shell-Functions for working with virtual machines.
This is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.