ShinyCMS is an open source CMS built in Perl using the Catalyst framework.
It is intended for use by web designers and web developers who want to keep a clear distinction between the markup they create and the content their clients can edit.
The following functionality is either present or in progress:
- Content-managed pages, page templates, and forms
- User accounts, profiles and administration
- News/PR section
- Newsletters (HTML mailshots)
- Online shop
- Membership system which can control access to files, pages, or even paragraphs
- Payment handling system which can handle recurring subscriptions
- Tags on blog posts, news posts, forum posts, and shop items
- Nested comment threads on blog posts, news posts, forum posts, and shop items
- 'Likes' on blog posts, shop items, and comments
- Event listings
- 'Shared content' - store text and HTML fragments for re-use throughout a site
You can install ShinyCMS by pasting one of the commands below into a terminal:
For a site with demo data:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/denny/ShinyCMS/master/bin/install.sh | SHINYCMS_DEMO=1 sh
For a new (empty) site:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/denny/ShinyCMS/master/bin/install.sh | sh
ShinyCMS is copyright (c) 2009-2019 Denny de la Haye.
ShinyCMS is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either:
a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version, or
b) the "Artistic License"; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version.
ShinyCMS includes code and content provided by other free and open-source projects, which have their own licensing conditions; please see the file docs/Licensing for full details.