1 Get Slack Notifications For System Upgrade
Has the deployment been initiated? Already finished? And how does it look after the deployment? These are typical questions people will frequently ask. Especially managers and key holders.
Thanks to Slack, team can sync up much easier than before. With more and more DevOps adoptions, we’re likely to have one-button click deployment. Let’s send out slack notifications for system upgrade. Better sync up, better control.
1.1 Why We Need Slack Notifications
- Different people may want to check upgrade process.
- Track upgrade history for further trouble shooting.
1.2 Backbone: Deployment Automation + Jenkins + Slack
- We can do one command deployment.
- Monitoring system is properly configured.
Thus we can wrap up the deployment automation scripts as a Jenkins job. And enable slack Jenkins plugin. Then configure the job to send slack notifications, whenever the job starts or ends.
Another question people will constantly ask: how healthy my env is? Here we rely on monitoring system. So we can ask monitoring to send out slack notifications for all major issues.
Put it all together, here comes a demo. Now when people want to get more information about prod upgrade, it’s much easier. Just subscribe or check slack channels.
Any improvements or suggestions? Share your experience with us!
- Get Slack Notifications For New Active Sprint
- Demo Jenkins: How I Enforce CI/CD
- Avoid Unnecessary Communication Of TOI