Makeshift Raspberry Pi Security Camera System
This also works with a Macbook camera, and probably any machine with a camera device.
More information on my blog post.
|Streaming & motion detection||SMS text notifications|
- Captures video and detects motion using OpenCV library.
- Streams video to web page via motion JPEG.
- Allows clients to control camera from web page.
- Allows multiple clients to view live stream.
- Encodes and saves video files when motion is detected.
- Sends a text message with video attachment when motion is detected.
Install ffmpeg and make sure it's in your
Install python dependencies (preferably inside a virtual environment.) Packages can be found in
pip install -r requirements.txt
Set the following environment variables:
export EMAILfirstname.lastname@example.org export EMAIL_PASSWORD=youremailpassword export SMS_PHONE_NUMBERemail@example.com # this can be whatever you like: export OUTPUT_FILE_PREFIX=motion
SMS_PHONE_NUMBER should use the appropriate SMS gateway address for your carrier.
Start the server: