This is the GitHub repository for VA's micropurchases primarily supporting VA's API platform. In this repo we will seek feedback on draft microconsulting work statements and solicit microconsulting RFQs.
Awarding a new microconsulting engagement:
- To release a new work statement, VA will create an issue in this repository. The solicitation period opens when the issue is created.
- When the solicitation period closes, VA will comment on the issue saying that the solicitation period has closed. The issue will be left open until the award is made.
- When the award is made, VA will comment on the issue saying that the award has been made and which company it has been awarded to.
- At this time a directory will be created in the repository named
yyyy-mm-ddis the date that the award was made (so that they will be shown in order) and
NAME_OF_WORK_STATEMENTis the name of the work statement so that it's easy to understand what is in each directory.
- Inside this directory, a
README.mdfile will have the final work statement for reference, including who won the award and how much it was for. An empty directory called
deliverableswill also be created.
- In a comment in the issue, VA will link to this
README.mdfile for future reference then close the issue and the award is complete.
For a vendor to submit a deliverable and VA to accept the deliverable:
- To submit their final deliverables, vendors should fork the
department-of-veterans-affairs/VA-Micropurchase-Reporepository then create a pull request back to the master branch of the
department-of-veterans-affairs/VA-Micropurchase-Reporepository with the deliverables added in
- VA will then review the deliverables, and if they approve them, they will merge them.
- This merge is the trigger that VA has accepted the final deliverables and payment should be issued to the vendor.
- All deliverables following this process will be open source. Any deliverable not intended to be viewed publicly will be specified in the solicitation and will follow a different process.